Join leading politicians, campaigners and experts within the Labour movement who are tackling transport issues based on the principles of social justice and active travel – Reserve a place today
- Can Labour make transport policy a driver of public health, social justice and a cleaner, greener economy?
- Is the battle for health and safety at work now about the right to a healthy journey to work?
The conference will feature breakouts and interactive member-led sessions about how we secure a manifesto commitment to active travel and the re-distribution of road space.
10:00 – Registration & Coffee
10:30 – Welcome
10:40 – Active travel & Labour – What does a radical, people-centred vision for our communities and streets look like?
11:00 – Inclusion & fairness on our streets – the politics of movement – Dr Rachel Aldred, University of Westminster
11:30 – How do we carry communities – Lessons learnt delivering change locally – Cllr Clydes Loakes, Waltham Forest
11:45 – Persuading colleagues, engaging communities – Panel session – Lessons from Edinburgh, Birmingham, Camden and Cardiff
12:15 – Three big ideas to improves our streets for everyone (3 x 15 min)
– School Streets – Ensuring we building communities for autonomous kids
– Unions & active travel – The new health battle for sedentary workforces
– Saving the High street – how bikes save local shops
12:30 – Lunch & networking (45 min)
13:15 – Manchester, Crayons and Maps – Startling lessons from Manchester’s radical Made to Move / Beeline programme.
– Lessons in engaging fellow councillors to support a healthy streets approach to your council?
– Forget the big cities – what does an active travel policy look-like in our towns and more rural communities?
– Schools streets and play-streets – Do these more focused interventions get communities thinking about car use differently?
14:45 Guest speaker – TBC
15:00 – AGM (Members only)
16:00 – Drinks
The event is being hosted at Crowndale Centre, 218 Eversholt Street, Kings Cross, NW1 1BD
The nearest tube stop is Mornington Crescent (one stop from King Cross). The location is a 15 min walk from King’s Cross station.
The event is for members of the Labour Party and affiliated organisations.
Registration is required – Please reserve tickets in advance.
Let us know if you need childcare facilities at the event. Little people are very, very welcome!